Denver, CO, 80209, 617-852-8238 firstname.lastname@example.org
Katherine drives the needle by connecting the dots, all the dots. Her data-driven solutions approach to brand strategy provides a unique advantage for company growth. Katherine has over a decade of high-level corporate experience in brand development in sales, marketing, and innovation. She has also consulted for CPG start-ups; specializing in go-to-market strategy from concept to shelf driving successful commercial product launch and execution.
Director of Sales and Marketing at Shift Cannabis, Denver, CO
August 2016 – PresentResponsible for developing the company road map for the brand and product development across multiple consumer and corporate brands; Shift Cannabis, Shift New Mexico and Dalwhinnie Farms.
- Built the Shift CPG Brand from concept ideation to product launch the new-to-world brand has grown to nearly 1M in annual revenue
- Led product development from category research to packaging design and go-to-market strategy for sales and marketing execution.
- Responsible for brand development; product R&D, stage-gate, innovation, brand development, positioning, and marketing.
Researched product trends and consumer behavior, analyzing competitive market share to help drive innovation strategy.
- Developed the budgets, goals and KPI’s for the sales and marketing teams. Hiring and developing five salespeople and two marketing managers. Led the development of all marketing collateral and trade marketing assets nationally, and the management of agency and vendor relationships.
- Worked cross-functionally with the department heads of the OE’s to ensure the alignment and execution of sales and marketing activities across the company.
Marketing Director at Anheuser-Busch, Denver, CO
September 2015 – August 2016
- Regional Marketing Director responsible for Colorado, Washington, Oregon, Wyoming, and Alaska. Responsible for implementation of national brand strategy and development of regional programs.
- Development of regional commercial brand strategy and execution for $13M budget – achieved positive results on all KPI’s
Managed marketing team managers including experiential, field marketing, trade marketing, and media planner.
- Responsible for agency and partner relationships including the NFL, NHL, MLS, Vail Resorts and iHeart Media
Consultant to Leadership at Royal Dragon Vodka, Hong Kong, S.A.R.
February 2015 – August 2015
Global MBA Capstone project in Hong Kong extended to a consultancy position.
- Developed commercial strategy driving distribution from 15 to 23 countries Created systems for tracking wholesaler volume and channel data to drive strategy
- Development of brand assets, sales materials, and trade marketing materials Managed and executed launch events including PR and social media impact
Market Development Manager at Constellation Brands, Boston, MA
July 2010 – January 2015
Responsible for managing twenty-six the northeast distributors and growing revenue in this $15M market.
- Distributor management responsible for 34 distributors totaling 1.2M cases Achieved +28% growth in when regional growth was benchmarked +17%
- Led annual planning to align distributors with C-Brands commercial priorities Developed ABP’s, SMART Goals, incentives, trade marketing plans, and pricing
Commercial Innovation Manager at Diageo, New York, NY
July 2009 – July 2010
Managed the commercial aspects of new-to-world and new-to-market beverage product launches for global brands, including Guinness, RedStripe and Smirnoff
- Responsible for the commercial launch strategy of all innovation brands nationally
- Worked cross-functionally with product development, trade marketing, brand team, and field sales
- Development of commercial launch strategy; pricing, forecasting, and geotargeting
- Responsible for the planning and management of test markets nationally including forecasting, execution, and analysis
Distributor Manager at Diageo, Boston, MA
June 2008 – June 2009
Distributor manager role responsible for driving growth across a $2.5M market
- Recipient of Diageo Golden Bar Award for top national NSV growth within my northeast territory nationally.
- Responsible for A.B.P including incentives, volume, and pricing
Managed 26 wholesalers in 6 states with a total production volume of 1.5 MM
Global M.B.A., Suffolk University – Sawyer School, Boston, MA
B.A. Liberal Arts, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT