Position: Security Officer – Part-Time, including first, second, third, and weekend shifts
Company: Vireo Health, Inc. – Hurlock, MD
Job Description: This position is responsible for Professional Security protection, safeguarding, safety, and security of assets, property, personnel, customers and all visitors, at various production and dispensary locations. Perform all appropriate related and unrelated duties, as directed. This is a physical security position and transportation. This position serves as a traditional security officer when needed but also participates in the direct transportation of currency/product between production facility and dispensary.
Company Overview: Vireo Health, Inc. (“Vireo”) is focused on integrating standard medical, scientific, and operational practices into the medical cannabis industry, improving the quality, safety and affordability of cannabis-based medicines for our patients in the multiple states in which we operate. Vireo is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Minority /Female/ Disabled/ Veteran. www.vireohealth.com.
– Meeting the physical requirements of the job and the ability to work in the environmental conditions listed below to perform common security functions and duties.
– Performing security patrols by company or client vehicle and/or on foot;
– Protect property from theft, embezzlement, sabotage, trespassing, fire and accidents;
– The observation and reporting of any unlawful activity;
– The prevention of theft or misappropriation of any goods, money or other items of value;
– The protection of individuals or property, including but not limited to proprietary information, from harm or misappropriation;
– The control of access to premises being protected;
– Investigate and take the appropriate lawfully action as authorized by Vireo Health on accidents, incidents, trespassing, suspicious activities, safety, and fire;
– Watch for safety and fire hazards and other security related situations;
– Provide any needed assistance to customers, employees, visitors, or the public;
– Perform requests (after being provided approved training and documentation by the Chief Security Officer) by the client, within the scope of our duties or within reason;
– Serve as training officer to new security staff;
– Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in written form; Required documentation by writing reports;
– Perform other related duties as assigned by the Vireo Health Management Team, Field Operations Manager, or Site Lead; including transportation of product and currency as needed from production site to dispensary.
– Drive a Company vehicle for work-related purposes (for driving positions);
– Maintain the professional standards of Vireo Health by following the policies and procedures of company;
– Obey the laws of the applicable state; and
– Abide by the Private Security Professional Code of Ethics in upholding professionalism and integrity of the industry.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
The Americans with Disability Act prohibits discrimination against a qualified individual with a disability. To be qualified for this position, an individual must meet the following standards and/or be able to perform the essential functions and activities with or without reasonable accommodation. This is a physical security position. The ability to perform under the following environmental and/or physical conditions is central to the position.
Work is performed year-round, inside and outside buildings and/or vehicles with exposure to inclement weather and unpredictable crisis situations;
Possible agricultural environments with high levels of noise, dust, dirt, and manufacturing machinery such as; saws, chains, wood chippers, forklifts, etc;
Shift work required, including day, swing, night, weekends and holidays all year-round;
Work alone in poorly lit areas all hours, including nights.
Since we are a private security component, we have many different types of work that can vary and change. Current services and expectations can change rapidly. Physical requirements can vary depending on the job assignment and work site. All officers can be assigned to a variety of different job assignments and work sites depending on current needs. The following physical requirements apply to all the different types of physical security we provide:
Navigating distances and times:
Comfortably navigate 2 security rounds per hour. Rounds can range from vary from:
Distance of 1/8th of a mile to 1+ miles per hour;
Hourly round times can range from 15 minutes to 50 minutes of physical patrol time around to protect various properties.
Navigating environments includes:
Outside in the elements and inclement weather conditions;
Surfaces and environmental terrain can vary from (but not limited to);
Carpet tile, wood, concrete, asphalt, grass, curbs, uneven gravel and dirt;
Uneven ground surfaces; common at mill and/or construction work sites.
Surfaces can be slippery with, water, ice, or snow in incline weather.
Maneuver safely up and down flights of stairs multiple times a round or shift. Stairs can be inside or outside. Also to navigate up / down hilly terrain, over curbs and other obstacles
Lift, carry or push weight in the following range: 5 to 50 pounds.
Continuously stand at an assigned post from 2 hours to 10 hours (with legal break times).
Candidate must have a valid state driver’s license with a clean (no violations) driving record.
Candidate must provide a copy of current driving record / MVR; or driving abstract from DMV.
About Green Thumb Industries: Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to...Apply For This Job
Company Overview Caliva is your friendly and trusted cannabis brand. We believe in wellness options that work for your lifestyle;...Apply For This Job