At MedMen, we started our journey in 2010 as a team of two with one big idea and a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.
We started MedMen with a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.
MedMen is the first turnkey marijuana corporation of its kind and is transforming the way people experience and perceive this previously underground multi-billion-dollar cannabis/wellness industry. At MedMen you’ll be inspired, challenged and humbled working with insanely smart and passionate people.
The IPM Technician/ Green House Tech III works in conjunction with the Cultivation Manager overseeing all Integrated Pest Management activities and leads IPM Tech I and II. Eliminates and controls undesirable insects and animals with infrequent supervision. The applicator is verdant in proper application methodology including calibration, application procedures and insect, arachnid and vertebrate identification.
Reasonable accommodations may be to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Identifies insects, arthropods, vertebrates and other pests and create treatment plans based on physiology.
• Measures area dimensions requiring treatment; calculates chemical requirements to address specific pest issues.
• Operates, maintains and repairs equipment.
• Coordinates scheduling of work orders with the Greenhouse Manager
• Stays current on practices and all local, state and federal codes and regulations related to IPM in agriculture.
• Ensures timely submission of all required records.
• Implements quality standards; conducts and documents follow-up inspections.
• Attends required training to maintain commercial applicators license for Pest category.
• Maintains effective written and oral communication with Greenhouse Manager.
• Follows standard operating procedures for assigned tasks and projects; follows all safety protocol.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Business Acumen.
• Communication Proficiency.
• Customer/Client Focus.
• Organizational Skills.
• Problem Solving/Analysis.
• Results Driven.
• Technical Capacity.
• Positive attitude all the time
This position has no management functions.
This job operates in a commercial horticulture environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions. The noise level in the work environment can be loud, tight corners and work spaces. Extensive walking and equipment operation. Exposure to: extreme weather conditions, pesticides, fertilizers and pollen producing environment. Work time expectation: 80% of the time will be physical labor, 5% training and misc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Some examples are: lifting to 50 lbs, some work with hands above head, bending over for an extended period, and working in tight, dusty, cold, hot, spaces, etc.
This is a full-time position Monday through Friday with occasional evening and weekends.
Required Education and Experience
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Minimum of two years’ field or greenhouse pest management experience OR an undergraduate degree in a related field.
• Must obtain a State Certified Applicator license in Pest category within 90 days.
• Ability to identify insects, arthropods, vertebrates and other pests and create treatment plans based on physiology.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Experience working with horticulture/agricultural, processes and principles is preferred.
MedMen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MedMen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
MedMen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of MedMen employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.